- This course has passed.
Infection Control and Responsibilities for Managers
15 January - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This course looks at influenza complications in the elderly, myths and misconceptions and infection control measures, including, hand hygiene and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain how influenza can have an impact
- Understand how influenza spreads and how we can help prevent it
- Describe ways in how we can minimise the spread
- Understand why hand hygiene is essential
- Identify when to perform hand hygiene
- Description of correct procedure
- Practical demonstration
Requirements and Suitability
This course is suitable for leaders working within any type of adult care service.