Course fee: Standard: £50 | Associate Member: £38 | ACE Member: £34 | HCPA Member: Fully funded
Half day course via Zoom
The aim of this course is to provide an understanding of the governance processes for medication administration in the setting. It is suitable for managers and leaders of care providers interested in expanding their skills and knowledge on safe medicine administration in their organisation.
• Understand the legislation and guidance underpinning medication governance and how you can embed this using the medication standards document
• Ensure the service understands and is meeting the regulatory and local monitoring requirements for medication administration, including the consequences of incorrect practice
• Recognise and review the responsibilities involved in effective medication practice throughout the organisation, including process for escalations
• To have clear guidance and structure regarding the roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities with different roles for medication administration
• Understand good methods of communication with the wider staff teams and explore how you will establish ongoing communication to the wider team on good medication practice
Delegates are expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences, whilst respecting confidentiality.
Please note: As per our T&C’s, this course carries a fee of £25 for non-attendance, non-completion or late cancellation.