- This course has passed.
Health and Wellbeing in Dementia
8 October, 2019 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This course covers topics including well-being, loneliness, sleep, nutrition, falls, dehydration, delirium, continence, environment, and exercise.
By the end of this session, the learners will be able to:
- Explain why it is important to maintain good physical and mental health.
- Describe how to identify a person’s heath needs including nutrition, hydration, risk of falls, sleep and pain
- List the signs of delirium and the signs of dementia, recognising delirium is a medical emergency
- Recognise delirium as a medical emergency
- Describe the possible impact, including psychological and social impact, of incontinence.
- Describe the potential causes of, and impact of loneliness and the importance of maintaining social engagement
- Describe possible ways to support ADL’s in a person centred manner
Delegates must have an introductory level of knowledge such as Care Certificate. This course is suitable for staff working within any type of adult care service.
» Cancellation policy applies
Disclaimer: Please note that this course is fully funded for Standard, Silver and Gold members only. Associate Members will incur a cost for this training. For more details, please email email@example.com before booking.