- This course has passed.
19 July - 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
This qualification is an ideal introduction to fire safety awareness for employees and serves as a strong basis for undertaking further fire safety training. The qualification provides learners with an understanding of the key principles of fire safety from cause to prevention and response.
By the end of this qualification, learners must successfully achieve all assessment criteria to be awarded the qualification:
- Understand basic fire safety and what to do in the event of an emergency
- State the main causes of fires in the workplace
- Outline the main costs of fires in the workplace for employers, employees and society
- State their own duties and responsibilities in relation to fire safety at work
- State the duties and responsibilities of fire wardens and other people who may be required to take action as part of fire risk controls or during an emergency
- Describe the action to be taken in the event of a fire in the workplace, including methods of raising the alarm and contacting the emergency services
- Understand the principles of fire risk control measures
- Outline how the components of the fire triangle can be used to control fire risks
- List active and passive fire risk control measures
- Outline fire prevention measures that can be taken to minimise fire risks
- Understand the basics of practical fire safety
- State the safe operating parameters for the use of portable fire fighting equipment
- Outline simple checks for ensuring that fire safety equipment is serviceable and safe to use
This course is suitable for any type of service including, but not limited to, residential, nursing, and supported day living services. This course is suitable for all care workers, managers, trainers-in-care, in-house trainers, maintenance staff, nurses, seniors, and team leaders. Learners should be prepared to learn, listen and complete set tasks and be able to physically complete all set tasks in group work.
» Cancellation policy applies
Disclaimer: Please note that this course is fully funded for Standard, Silver and Gold members only. Associate Members will incur a cost for this training. For more details, please email email@example.com before booking.