- This course has passed.
Falls Prevention- Homecare Setting
22 March, 2019 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Starts 22nd March 2019
This one-day courses will look at how to prevent falls by conducting risk assessments, self-assessments and implementing person-centred strategies to reduce falls, liaise with family and professional services. You will learn how to use a falls risk assessment to help identify, and how these risks can be managed and reduced. You will also learn the common causes of falls and how these can be managed.
What to expect:
- Self-management strategies that can help reduce falls
- How to risk assess for falls and carry out provider risk assessments and update policies
- Strategies that can be implemented to reduce falls- including reviewing environments, medication, technology, visual awareness, footwear, nutrition and hydration and action planning.
- Increased awareness of the common causes of falls
- Linking with professionals