Falls Prevention & Mobility for Adult Disability Services
17 December - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday 17th December 2019
This one-day courses will look at how to prevent falls by conducting risk assessments, self-assessments and implementing person-centred strategies. You will learn how to use falls risk assessments to help identify and record an individual’s falls risk, including how these risks can be managed and reduced. You will also learn the common causes of falls and how these can be managed, plus awareness of referral routes to professional services.
What to expect:
- How to risk assess for falls and mobility, plus how to complete provider risk assessments and update policies
- Strategies that can be implemented to reduce falls- including reviewing environments, medication, technology, visual awareness, footwear, nutrition and hydration and action planning.
- Increased awareness of the common causes of falls for adults with disabilities
- Understand the importance of nutrition and falls
- Pressure sores and how they affect mobility and health
- Evidence-based exercises to improve mobility and alignment/posture
- Importance and awareness to encourage functional breathing