Falls Prevention for Adult Disability Services
30 July - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday 30th July 2019
Falls Prevention – Adult Disability Services
This one-day courses will look at how to prevent falls by conducting risk assessments, self-assessments and implementing person-centred strategies to reduce falls, liaise with family and professional services. You will learn how to use falls risk assessments to help identify and record an individual’s falls risk, including how these risks can be managed and reduced. You will also learn the common causes of falls and how these can be managed.
What to expect:
- How to risk assess for falls and mobility, plus how complete provider risk assessments and update policies
- Strategies that can be implemented to reduce falls- including reviewing environments, medication, technology, visual awareness, footwear, nutrition and hydration and action planning.
- Increased awareness of the common causes of falls for adults with disabilities
- Linking with professionals
- Understand the importance of nutrition and falls
- Pressure sores and how they affect mobility and health