Course fee: Standard: £50 | Associate Member: £38 | ACE Member: £34 | HCPA Member: Fully funded
Half day course at HCPA Campus
Staff will look at how to prevent falls by conducting risk assessments, self-assessments and implementing person-centred strategies to reduce falls, liaise with family and professional services.
You will understand how to identify, assess and have an awareness on the procedures necessary to reduce the risk of falls.
• Identify common risk factors for falls
• To be able to risk assess for falls using a multifactorial risk assessment.
• Implement strategies and actions that can help reduce falls.
• Understand the benefits of an Enabling approach, including exercise and physical activity
• Recognise the importance of Prevention and Enablement
Delegates are expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences, whilst respecting confidentiality.
Please note: As per our T&C’s, this course carries a fee in the event of non-attendance, non-completion or late cancellation.