- This course has passed.
Falls Assistive Equipment and Falls Prevention (Risk Assessment) – (Residential and Nursing)
29 March - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Starting 29th March 2019
This interactive one day workshop is delivered by Herts Handling and aimed at Home Care services, covering best practice for equipment, support aids and technology.
The day is split to incorporate plenty of engaging discussions and activities such as:
- The use of risk assessments – intrinsic, extrinsic and behavioural
- Dementia MCA and DoLs
- Understanding clients
- Falls policies and injuries to staff if a client falls
- Manual handling
- How to choose the correct support for clients
- Assessing needs – learn how support aids / equipment can be disabling as well as enabling
- Sit to stand reviews and mobility assessments
- Hands-on experience with new technologies such as lifting cushions