Falls assessment and prevention (Level 2 Accredited qualification) – Cohort 1
6 July - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Two day course
All sessions must be attended and coursework completed within agreed timeframes (T&C’s apply).
Day 1: 06/07/2021 – 10:00-16:00
Day 2: 21/07/2021 – 10:00-16:00
We are hoping to welcome delegates to HCPA campus! Please note if circumstances change, this course will be delivered remotely via zoom. We will keep you updated if there are any changes.
This 2-day level 2 accredited course aims to improve learner’s awareness and understanding of falls prevention within their care setting. Learners will be able to assess for falls, monitor and manage individuals’ risk of falls. Learners will explore the evidence-based interventions to reduce the risk and recurrence of falls and how these can be implemented within their care setting
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
• Understand how to assess and manage an individual falls risk and how to implement interventions to support those at risk of falls
• Identify risk factors that can increase somebody’s likelihood of falling such as physical and mental well-being factors that may cause falls.
• Understand how to reduce the impact of a fall and effectively use the correct interventions following a fall, such as the falls checklist.
• Understand the importance of signposting and the policies and procedures around falls prevention through local guidance
• Use the evidence – based falls prevention exercise in reducing falls for individuals.
Requirements and expectations
Learners will be expected to attend all sessions, complete coursework within agreed timeframes (T&C’s apply), be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and be willing and able to implement the skills from the session
A Onefile (e-portfolio) profile will be created on the learners behalf to support them in the completion of their course