- This course has passed.
Essential Skills – Assessing Care Certificate Competencies – Cohort 2
14 October - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
One day course
This one day “Skills for Care Essential Skills” course will support those NEW or needing development, to assessing knowledge and competencies of staff undertaking the Care Certificate.
This course is aimed at AET/PTLLS awarded internal trainers, new to delivering the Care Certificate internally, and who are competent in the standard they are assessing.
Examples of job roles who could attend this course are:
• Registered care manager
• Senior staff
• In-house trainer
Delegates do not need to be a qualified assessor, however, they must have:
• A thorough understanding of care
• Occupational competence in care
• Direct experience in the areas they will be assessing
• Identify what Care Certificate competencies are
• Recognise different assessment methods
• Summarise what a holistic assessment is
• Recognise appropriate documentation to support assessment of The Care Certificate
Learners will be expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences of working in the care sector, whilst respecting confidentiality.