- This course has passed.
Enablement and Independence- Care Homes- Staff Cohort 4
20 October - 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Delegates will be given an awareness of the importance of embedding enabling in care. Enabling education is a new way of thinking by using the correct communication and goal setting tools to be able to implement enabling day to day. Valuing independence can contribute to individuals having an increase in confidence and overall better quality of life.
• To understand what enabling in care is and be able to implement it.
• To be aware of the benefits of enabling in care and building independence.
• To understand the importance of minimising sedentary behaviour and implementing sit to stand.
• To learn about the importance of health strategies including, goal setting, communication and valuing independence.
• To be able to develop a root cause analysis to contribute to enabling individuals.
• To develop an action plan towards enabling
This course is suitable for all adult care providers working with elderly people.