Course fee: Standard: £75 | Associate Member: £56 | ACE Member: £51 | HCPA Member: Fully funded*
One day course at HCPA Campus
This course discovers the power of Advocacy within the care system. It highlights the important role of an Independent Advocate, how we can all learn from the Advocacy values, and supports to gain new perspectives of person-centred care, exploring how it can be put into practice.
This session aligns with the CQC‘s New Assessment Framework.
• Understand what Advocacy is
• Understand the role of an Independent Advocate
• Understand the importance of Advocacy within health & care settings
• Recognise how Advocacy is able to support with CQC and PAMMS inspections using the New Assessment Framework.
• Understand the importance of communication in different forms
• Understand how Advocacy can work alongside Connected Lives
Delegates are expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences, whilst respecting confidentiality.
*Please note: As per our T&C’s, this course carries a fee in the event of non-attendance, non-completion or late cancellation.