- This course has passed.
Duty of Care and Nutrition
23 January - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Learn how to develop strategies to common dilemmas around balancing safety and rights in nutritional care. Candidates will get a good understanding of the law, and where to apply this in relation to someone with complex needs. A case study approach will be used to consider scenarios where safeguarding protocols may need to be applied.
Mapped to Learning Disability Core Skills.
- Explain how the law relating to mental capacity and human rights may be applied to someone with a learning disability when considering nutritional needs
- Give examples of how and when you would apply ‘best interests’ around nutrition
- Identify common dilemmas around duty of care to the individual and the wishes and needs of others related to nutrition
- Identify case examples where safeguarding protocols have been applied around nutrition
- Identify systems, processes and practice that safeguards people against malnutrition, dehydration
Requirement & Suitability
This course is suited for any care staff working within Adult Disability Support Organisations.
Learners will be required to complete a workbook and carry out a risk assessment and nutritional planning in the workplace.