- This course has passed.
Diabetes Awareness (Accredited course) – Cohort 2
4 October - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Two day course via Zoom
All sessions must be attended and coursework completed within agreed timeframes (T&C’s apply).
Day 1: 04/10/2021 – 10:00 – 16:00
Day 2: 15/10/2021 – 10:00 – 16:00
This unit qualification provides learners with the knowledge and understanding required to be aware of diabetes
This course caters for all levels of care staff who work with, or are responsible for, the welfare and wellbeing of people living with diabetes, which also includes healthcare professionals who do not specialise in diabetes.
By the end of the course, learners will:
• Understand the features, signs and symptoms of diabetes
• Know risk factors for developing type 2 diabetes
• Know the treatment and management options for individuals with diabetes
• Know how to respond to hypoglycaemia
• Know how to respond to hyperglycaemia
• Understand the links between diabetes and other conditions
• Understand how to work safely when monitoring individuals with diabetes
Requirements and expectations
Learners will be expected to attend all sessions, complete coursework within agreed timeframes (T&C’s apply), be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences, whilst respecting confidentiality
A Onefile (e-portfolio) profile will be created on the learners behalf to support them in the completion of their course