- This course has passed.
Conflict Management: A guide for Leaders – Cohort 2
14 October - 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Half day course via Zoom
This course is suitable for anyone who has line management responsibility or wishes to improve their mediation skills.
Conflict can occur in any organisation and between all types of people. Solving conflict that satisfies staff and service users is essential in creating and maintaining a positive working environment This course gives managers and supervisors the skills to prevent, defuse and resolve conflict that occurs in their setting.
• Recognise the different types and common causes of conflict
• Analyse the factors that influence human responses in a conflict situation
• Identify techniques used to prevent conflict or from conflict escalating
• Utilise different tools to manage ongoing conflicts including negotiation and mediation
• Establish best practice to follow after conflict has been defused
Learners will be expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and be willing and able to utilise their skills from the session