- This course has passed.
6 September - 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Good catheter care involves good hygiene, observation, monitoring well-being and prevention of common issues associated with catheterisation. The course covers these points to help care staff maximise the benefits and minimise the problems of catheterisation.
By the end of this session, the learners will be able to:
- Reasons for catheterisation
- Male and female anatomy
- Differences between supra-pubic snd urethra catheters
- Advantages/disadvantages of urinary catheters
- Advantages/risks associated with catheterisation
- Risk of infection and infection control
- Catheter drainage options
- Catheter attachment methods
- Catheter maintenance solution
- Obtaining specimens
- Catheter removal (theory)
- Catheter positioning (post procedure)
Requirements and Suitability
This course is suitable for all levels of staff working within any type of Adult Care Service.
» Cancellation policy applies
Disclaimer: Please note that this course is fully funded for Standard, Silver and Gold members only. Associate Members will incur a cost for this training. For more details, please email email@example.com before booking.