Care Setting Risk Assessment for Managers – Cohort 2
21 April - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This course is designed for managers, senior staff or any person who has a responsibility to complete, manage and review risk within their service as part of person-centred care provision.
The learner must be in a health and social care role.
This course covers the process of identifying risks in health and social care settings as well as roles and responsibilities in producing and reviewing risk assessments.
• Manage practice which supports person-centred assessments rather than service-led assessments.
• Define how models of risk management can be used in positive risk taking.
• The course will cover legislation and legal responsibilities pertaining to health and safety risk assessment.
• The process and stages of effective risk management.
• The hierarchy of control.
• Carrying out and completing effective risk assessments.
• To undertake risk assessments and make judgements on control measures.
• To effectively review and update.
• COVID-19 risk assessments and management.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
• Recognise the legal responsibilities of risk assessment.
• To define the process and stages of effective risk management and embed this within their service.
• To ensure risk assessments are effective and person centred.
• To recognise the importance of effective risk management within COVID-19.
• To recognise the importance of effectively reviewing and updating risk.
Requirements and expectations
Learners will be expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences of working in the care sector, whilst respecting confidentiality The learner should have a working knowledge of risk assessments and their purpose within the health and social care setting.
Learners will be expected to complete risk assessments for training purposes. A Onefile (e-portfolio) profile will be created on the learners behalf to support them in the completion of their course