- This course has passed.
Building an enabling culture for Care Home Managers
29 September - 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Management will be aware of the information staff get taught about enabling within care. This includes communication tools, goal setting and positive risk–taking techniques. Managers will learn how to make change with staff to adopt this new way of thinking to embed enabling and promote independence and quality of life.
- To understand what enabling in care is and be able to implement it.
- To be aware of what we teach staff about enabling care
- To be aware of the benefits of enabling in care and building independence.
- To learn about the importance of goal setting, communication and valuing independence.
- To be able to develop a root cause analysis to contribute to enabling individuals.
- To learn different outcome measures to measure enabling
- To develop an action plan towards enabling.