- This course has passed.
Become a Physiotherapy Support Facilitator
3 September - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Are you concerned about physio input for people you support?
- Do you have to wait too long for a community physio?
- Do you have service users who need physio input?
- Do you have staff who are trained to support with mobility and exercise plans?
As you are aware, the community teams are over stretched, therefore we have developed an innovative way of bringing physio skills to your service.
Our Physiotherapy Support Facilitator programme equips staff with the specialist knowledge and skills to enable and rehabilitate individuals in your care.
This course is led by physiotherapists who will share their expertise so that staff can spot signs of deterioration to enable them to rehabilitate and work more effectively alongside community physiotherapists. The staff will receive ongoing supervision and telephone support.
This course has proven to be a real ‘added value’ especially for care homes managing rehabilitation, short term, step-down, respite or ‘discharge to assess’ beds.
Delegates put forward for this particular course can be from both care home or nursing home environments as well as home care staff in elderly services, nor do they need to have attended any prior courses.
What does the Physiotherapy Support Facilitator (PSF) course cover?
- Background to the physiotherapy profession and practice
- The human body and its complexities and limitations including movement, posture, and therapeutic positioning
- Supervising therapeutic treatment and exercise programmes (which have been previously set up by a Physiotherapist)
- Gait re-education and training
- The use of mobility aids and the impact on balance and falls
- Provision of on-going physiotherapy support to service users within a complex care environment
- Management of service users with a non-weight bearing or part-weight bearing status or those in a ‘step-down bed’
This course will also include on-site supervision by the physiotherapist.
This course is spread over 3 months with the below dates to be attended.
|3rd September 2019||HCPA Mundells | Welwyn Garden City | AL7 1FT||10:00 – 16:00|
|13th September 2019|
|17th September 2019|
|24th September 2019|
|2nd October 2019|
|16th October 2019|
|17th October 2019|
|21st October 2019|
|30th October 2019|
|5th November 2019|
|14th November 2019|
|15th November 2019|
|27th November 2019|