Become a Physiotherapy Support Facilitator
9 July - 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
We now offer TWO options:
- If you have completed a Falls or Health Management Pathway, you do not need to complete the first 5 days of training
- If you have not completed a pathway, you can now attend the extended course which will fully equip you to carry out this role.
What does the Physiotherapy Support Facilitator (PSF) course cover?
- Background to the physiotherapy profession and practice
- The human body and its complexities and limitations including movement, posture, and therapeutic positioning
- Supervising therapeutic treatment and exercise programmes (which have been previously set up by a Physiotherapist)
- Gait re-education and training
- The use of mobility aids and the impact on balance and falls
- Provision of on-going physiotherapy support to service users within a complex care environment
- Management of service users with a non-weight bearing or part-weight bearing status or those in a ‘step-down bed’
Suitability and Requirements
This course is ideal for care homes managing Rehabilitation, Short term, Step-down or ‘Discharge to assess’ beds. This course has proven to be a real added value for care homes managing Rehabilitation, Short term, Step-down or ‘Discharge to assess’ beds.
|Dates||Who Must Attend||Time||Location|
|9th July 2019||Managers only||10:00 – 13:00||HCPA Mundells
Welwyn Garden City
|12th July 2019||Only delegates who have not completed a Falls or Health Pathway must attend the dates highlighted blue as well as the yellow dates below||10:00 – 16:00|
|16th July 2019|
|17th July 2019|
|22nd July 2019||09:30 – 16:30|
|23rd July 2019|
|3rd September 2019||All delegates must attend the dates highlighted yellow||10:00 – 16:00|
|17th September 2019|
|24th September 2019|
|2nd October 2019|
|21st October 2019|
|30th October 2019|
|5th November 2019|
|14th November 2019|
The full PSF course will run over 13 full days (8 days if you have already completed a Falls or Health Management pathway) with assessments taking place on site and group supervisions that need to be attended on a quarterly basis.