- This course has passed.
Become a Physiotherapy Support Facilitator
2 December, 2019 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Are you concerned about physio input for people you support?
- Do you have to wait too long for a community physio?
- Do you have service users who need physio input?
- Do you have staff who are trained to support with mobility and exercise plans?
As you are aware, the community teams are overstretched, therefore we have developed an innovative way of bringing physio skills to your service.
Our Physiotherapy Support Facilitator programme equips staff with the specialist knowledge and skills to enable and rehabilitate individuals in your care.
This course is led by physiotherapists who will share their expertise so that staff can spot signs of deterioration to enable them to rehabilitate and work more effectively alongside community physiotherapists. The staff will receive ongoing supervision and telephone support.
This course has proven to be a real ‘added value’ especially for care homes managing rehabilitation, short term, step-down, respite or ‘discharge to assess’ beds.
Delegates put forward for this particular course can be from both care home or nursing home environments as well as home care staff in elderly services, nor do they need to have attended any prior courses.
What does the Physiotherapy Support Facilitator (PSF) course cover?
- Background to the physiotherapy profession and practice
- The human body and its complexities and limitations including movement, posture, and therapeutic positioning
- Supervising therapeutic treatment and exercise programmes (which have been previously set up by a Physiotherapist)
- Gait re-education and training
- The use of mobility aids and the impact on balance and falls
- Provision of on-going physiotherapy support to service users within a complex care environment
- Management of service users with a non-weight bearing or part-weight bearing status or those in a ‘step-down bed’
This course will also include on-site supervision by the physiotherapist. This course is spread over 3 months with the below dates to be attended.
The Manager of the proposed delegate is expected to attend the introduction morning on the 2nd December. All other dates are for the proposed delegate.
|Managers Introduction||Monday 2nd December 2019||Manager of the proposed delegate||10:00 – 13:00||HCPA Mundells | Welwyn Garden City | AL7 1FT|
|Falls Prevention||Monday 6th January 2020||Delegate||10:00 – 16:00|
|Intervention and Handling Day 1||Wednesday, 8th January 2020|
|Intervention and Handling Day 2||Thursday, 9th January 2020|
|Communication and Motivation- Staff and Residents Day 1||Tuesday, 14th January 2020|
|Communication and Motivation- Staff and Residents Day 2||Thursday, 23rd January 2020|
|Physiotherapy Support Facilitator Day 1||Tuesday, 28th January 2020|
|Physiotherapy Support Facilitator Day 2||Thursday, 6th February 2020|
|Physiotherapy Support Facilitator Day 3||Wednesday, 12th February 2020|
|Physiotherapy Support Facilitator Day 4||Wednesday, 26th February 2020|
|Physiotherapy Support Facilitator Day 5||Monday, 2nd March 2020|
|Physiotherapy Support Facilitator Day 6||Wednesday, 11th March 2020|
|Physiotherapy Support Facilitator Day 7||Thursday, 19th March 2020|
|Physiotherapy Support Facilitator Day 8||Thursday, 26th March 2020|
Disclaimer: Please note that this course is fully funded for Standard, Silver and Gold members only. Associate Members will incur a cost for this training.