- This course has passed.
Advanced Safeguarding – Creating a Culture of developing Professional Curiosity – Cohort 4
28 October - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
One day course via Zoom
This course is aimed for people who have an influence over the work practice and culture of an organisation. It covers how to create a culture of professional curiosity within your organisation, how to be a good role model, and how to support staff to take a professionally curious approach.
The course will also support learners to identify steps to take which are appropriate, which are a positive action to protect someone’s safety and welfare
• Explore what professional curiosity is and how it can be promoted within the organisation
• Analyse the barriers to professional curiosity
• Evaluate new ways of working and state how these practices can be implemented
• Explore ways of holding courageous and difficult conversations
• Explore new ways of recording and sharing information
Learners will be expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences of working in the care sector, whilst respecting confidentiality
Learners should have a knowledge of safeguarding at a leadership level, and lead (or will lead) on safeguarding within their organisation