- This course has passed.
Advanced Safeguarding – Creating a Culture of developing Professional Curiosity – Cohort 2
3 June - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This course covers how to create a culture of professional curiosity within your organisation, how to be a good role model, and how to support staff to take a professionally curious approach.
The course will also support learners to identify steps to take which are appropriate, which are a positive action to protect someone’s safety and welfare
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
– Explore what professional curiosity is and how it can be promoted within the organisation
– Analyse the barriers to professional curiosity
– Evaluate new ways of working and state how these practices can be implemented
– Explore ways of holding courageous and difficult conversations
– Explore new ways of recording and sharing information
Requirements and expectations
Learners will be expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences of working in the care sector, whilst respecting confidentiality
Learners should have a knowledge of safeguarding at a leadership level, and lead (or will lead) on safeguarding within their organisation
A Onefile (e-portfolio) profile will be created on the learners behalf to support them in the completion of their course